R.F. McGuire Lodge No. 209, Chartered February 15th, 1871
The Vickers House (c.1870) is a story-and-a-half frame late Greek Revival residence located in the small rural community of Alto. Although there has been a rear addition, the house itself has been little altered over the years. The Vickers House is constructed with a pegged frame; however, much of the actual structure is board and batten.
Listen To The Recorded Story By Mary Mhoon (Noble) Ball, ca., 1991. Recorded as part of a collection created for the first annual Pickin’ and Ginnin’ Festival, entitled “A Great Place to Call Home” (Originally compiled by Amelia Grace Jordan)
Successful Planter, Mercantile Businessman, and Esteemed Citizen of Richland Parish Mr. Noble was born in Ouachita parish in 1851, and removed to Richland Parish in 1875, where he has resided ever since…. Read More