Tag: Alexander

The Alexander Place on Boeuf River

A low fence encloses the yard and a giant pecan tree with boughs bending near the ground stands guard at the gate to the well-kept Alexander place. Bolivar Alexander was the first to come in the early 1870s, migrating from Mississippi. Later, his brother, R. S. (Dick) Alexander, joined him and bought the present farm from a Mr. Collins in 1876. Since then, four generations have lived here and the family continues to hold deep sentiment for their home pecal beside the Boeuf.