Also a product of the Howard Shipyard, the Parlor City was built in 1892 for a contract cost of $10,000. Constructed on a wooden hull that measured 125 feet in length by 26 feet in width, the vessel was equipped with one boiler that supplied steam to engines having 9-inch cylinders with a 4-foot stroke.
The riverboat was built by Capt. L. Brunner expressly for the Monroe, D’Arbonne and Bartholomew trade, connecting at Monroe with Ouachita River packets bound for New Orleans. Capt. L.V. Cooley purchased the Parlor City in 1895 and operated it between New Orleans and the Ouachita River during the summer and autumn seasons. By 1900, the vessel was again owned by Capt. Brunner.
There is no record of any major accidents involving the boat, except one. On October 22, 1902, while lying at New Orleans, the sternwheeler Natchez (No. 8) was making a landing when the packet crashed into the Parlor City, sinking it.
Steamboat Inspection Service records list the boat as being raised and taken to a drydock for repairs, but the decision was made to scrap the vessel.
The engines were salvaged and placed on the packet Frank B. Hayne, built by the Howard yard in 1904.