The house was bought by Tom Haney in 1906 and was located just north of the school on Hwy. 17. It has since however been torn down. Some suggest that the reason… Read More
The Vickers House (c.1870) is a story-and-a-half frame late Greek Revival residence located in the small rural community of Alto. Although there has been a rear addition, the house itself has been little altered over the years. The Vickers House is constructed with a pegged frame; however, much of the actual structure is board and batten.
St. David’s Episcopal Church, built in 1909 in Rayville, is on the National Register of Historic Places
St. David’s Episcopal Church (1909) stands on the northwest corner of a busy intersection in the Richland Parish seat of Rayville. The church is located in a somewhat transitional area immediately south… Read More
This church was destroyed within the last twenty-five years, but it’s history was and still is a cherished one. It was placed on the National Register of Historic places back in 1989…. Read More