From Richard Nance Hixon’s thesis, The Antebellum History of Richland Parish.Northeast Louisiana University, 1990 – Richland Parish (La.) – 384 pages
The following map shows the “Franklin Parish” section of Richland Parish between 1857-1868. They were known as Wards 6, 7, & 9, in Franklin Parish. The Boeuf River served as the boundary to the West, and Big Creek was its boundary on the East.
Communities listed during this era include Yellow Bluff, Red Mouth, Dave’s Bayou, and Muddy Bayou. Also included is the community of Woolen Lake, which is still a known place in present times.
See also below, a map from 1860 of Franklin Parish, which incorporates the “Franklin Parish” part of Richland Parish.
Categories: 1850's, 1860's, 19th Century, Big Creek, Boeuf River, Dave's Bayou, Four Forks, Franklin Parish, GENERAL TOPICS, Maps, Muddy Bayou, Red Mouth, Woolen Lake
Leave a Reply